As a school, we aim to keep our children safe from harm and this includes protecting them from the risk of radicalisation.
Provision is in place to:
• Ensure staff are able to identify children who may be vulnerable to radicalisation.
• Ensure staff know what to do if children have been identified.
• Protect children from the risk of radicalisation as part of our safeguarding duties, whether these risks come from within the family or are the product of outside influences.
• Build pupils’ resilience to radicalisation by promoting fundamental British values and enabling pupils to challenge extremist views. (We will be a safe space where pupils can understand the risks associated with terrorism and develop the knowledge and skills to be able to challenge extremist arguments).
• Within our Foundation classes, we follow the statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage which will ensure we assist our pupils personal, social and emotional development and understanding of the world.
If you have any concerns in relation to the above, please contact the Designated Safeguarding Lead, Tina Shute, who is also the Prevent Lead.