Cedarwood School is supported by an active and informed governing body made up of parents, staff, community members and Local Authority appointed members.
They meet twice termly as a Full Governing Body and each committee also meets termly to discuss specific areas in more detail.
The sub-committees are:
* Premises and Health & Safety
* Learning, Teaching and Assessment
It is important that Governors get to know the school well by visiting it, supporting events and by undertaking training.
The role of the governors includes:
* setting the school's aims and policies
* improving standards of teaching and achievement
* setting the school's budget plan and monitoring expenditure
* interviewing and appointing teachers and support staff
* acting as a link between the local community and the school
* dealing with complaints about the school
* drawing up an action plan after an inspection, and monitoring the success of the plan
School governors play a vital part in the success of schools. They are volunteers, who work with the headteacher and the Council to improve standards in the school.
If you are interested in becoming a school governor please contact the school who will pass your details onto the current Chair of Governors.
Please see below our current Governor list and record of attendance.