At Cedarwood we are recognised as a eco-school and are committed to caring for our environment. Each class has an eco-representative who is responsible for ensuring that their class is eco-friendly. They do this by:
- Making sure all scrap paper is re-used before being recycled
- Classroom lights are turned off
- Their class mates drink from water bottles to save wasting water
- Heaters are only used when necessary and windows are closed in the winter to save energy
- In conjunction with the kitchen and after school club food waste is composted for use in the garden.
Eco-representatives have an important job and meet to discuss how to make the school more eco-friendly.