Who are the best people to talk to about my child's progress?
- Class Teacher
- Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) - Mrs Helen Reynolds
- Co-Headteacher - Mrs Tina Shute
- Deputy SENCo - Mrs Mandy DeBoise
How will Cedarwood communicate with me and report on progress?
Cedarwood will regularly and carefully monitor, evaluate and review the quality of provision for each child.
Our SENCo will liaise with class teacher, child and parents regularly to audit the quality of learning and will also meet regularly with our SEN Governor to audit the school's effectiveness.
- Parent Consultations in the Autumn and Spring Term
- Termly data reports and Annual Report to parents in the Summer Term
- Pupil Passports (IEPs) and Behaviour Plans are reviewed termly
- Annual Review for pupils with Education, Health and Care Plans.
How well do the children with SEND do to Cedarwood?
Cedarwood is very successful at ensuring that children with SEND......
- Feel confident and self-assured.
- Have high self-esteem about their place in the school, community and the world.
- Are aware of their own needs and strategies that will help them to learn and make progress.
- Attain reading, writing, and maths skills pertinent to every day life, enjoyed a balanced, rich, fun and well-rounded curriculum.